Tuesday, January 01, 2002

Nor Aminah Jabar

Another banker is here. And she's my colleague. This ex-Tun Fatimah had came home from Leeds, United Kingdom after finished reading Accounting degree in 1998. Married to a handsome guy named Fairoshawal Idrus, Myn is expecting a baby in this coming August.


Why were you born in Malaysia?
It’s not me to decide...

What would be your perfect meal?
Ayam masak serai bersantan .

What do you loved most?
My family .

What is your greatest disappointment?
When I am not able to complete my ACCA exams. I failed a few papers but insya-Allah, who knows...I’ll try again.

How do you define gender equality?
Since I’m a bit conservative, I disagree with western ideology of man and woman should be equal in everything personally, I feel that in terms of responsibility, man has been assigned to be a leader for the mankind as well as for his own family BUT woman, on the other hand, would have to support “man” in the best possible way….in any case, if a woman has to work exactly like what man are doing, I suppose that her intention is to help her family financially or to gain knowledge (as woman are more educated). I don’t deny that when woman ask for equality, what they really meant is that they can be at the same level with man in relation to work / career, opportunity, interest, etc....but only those who are aware that woman is actually created from part of man’s body would understand the whole issue.

Which is more tiring, singing in the kitchen or the bathroom?
In the kitchen of course….while I’m cooking I’ll have to concentrate otherwise I’ll burn everything on the stove……I guess this is due to my bad habit…. I like to think about my work or anything else when I’m cooking…..in malay we call that “berangan”…..a very bad habit…..so far that I can remember, for 26 years…I sing in the kitchen once back in my hometown….I think because my voice is so loud …my neighbour next door just shouted “tak takut ke…nanti kahwin orang tua…”…from then onwards, I never sing in the kitchen…..although I know it’s superstitious….

What is the most embarrassing thing you did in the past?
May be, I’m not the only person in this world who has experienced this………..it happened

If you could meet some from the past, who'll it be?
My late grandfather .. Arwah Haji Adom….my mom’s father…………..Do you have any irrational fear? I don’t think so……but frankly I guess I’m normal…..so far, I’m afraid of dogs, frogs, lizards, etc. Hmm…….I nearly forgot…..I’m not really fond of dark places especially under the sea………I would imagine any kind of monsters would be hiding …waiting to gobble me up..he..he..a bit scary huh??

Which film you think shouldn't be produced?
Personally, I’m quite surprised with film “Dari Jemapoh ke Manchestee”………….for me, this kind of film should not be produced at all………. I don’t think I can learn anything from this film.

What is your most annoying habit?
I think …I’m a pickle-minded person….meaning I can change my decision in a split second……it’s a bit difficult for me to make a firm decision especially when it concern my self-being…..sometimes. in the morning, I can even change my attire two to three times before I go to work. I always feel that a dress can effect my mood….(not that I’m the moody type). Another thing…..if I were to buy something, it would take ages for me to buy even a single thing….because I’ll always choose the best in terms of the price, design..etc. Because of all these reasons, sometimes my friends can’t tolerate my “choosy” behaviour.

Who do you prefer to be your mentor, Tuah or Jebat?
Jebat..of course!! He shows a true friendship, although he knows that when he betrays his own Sultan, he becomes the traitor. Whatever mischief he has done is a symbolic of a friend believing that standing up for his good friend is the right way to indicate the cruelty of the Sultan.

How are you going to spend RM1 for one year?
I’ll just fast for the whole year. During breakfasting session, I’ll just drink plain water and eat dates for energy(those dates I get it from the surau when ever they offer it for free during breakfasting month . Then you can see how slim I can be……he..he..he… (it won’t happen, trust me!).

What will you look like at the age of 100?
I’ll be like Mak Enon….makan songgeh…and won’t be able to talk as I have no teeth….

Do you believe in love at the first sight?
Anything can happen…..if God’s will..then you can’t avoid your own fate. I strongly believe that those who fell in love..when he/she met for the first time…usually prefers the appearance of the person…doesn’t care much about the inner beauty of the person…..

What is your best achievement?
When I joined BNM at the right time and with the right qualification….at least I have never been unemployed….

Which person has most influenced you?
My dear husband…..although we are just married, I know that I’m a better person after I met him….deep down my heart…I feel so lucky (alhamdullilah!!) to have such a caring person as my husband.

What is the best part of Kuala Lumpur that you liked most?
My house at Pandan Indah…..I really-really love my house…….which is always clean, tidy ….a place where I can relax and release my tension……

Any comment on abortion?
Since I’m married, I don’t believe in abortion. Once, I watched Oprah Winfrey show where she discussed about whether it’s wrong to abort a baby whom you know once being delivered would be retarded for his whole life. In this case, I agree with the abortion which would not burden the family and at least the baby has a better life however the unborn baby must be less than 4 months. Otherwise, abortion means killing the unborn baby...

What will be your epitaph?
As a good wife and mother to my children…..so that my children would always remember and pray for my peaceful soul for the rest of their life…..my final destination….of course, I want to join my husband in heaven...


Personal Details
Name: Nor Aminah Jabar
DOB: 30 June 1975
Email: noramina@bnm.gov.my

No comments: